Friday, January 7, 2011

How I Left It...

Had to say bye~bye to the cottage and that wasn't easy.  Had a few things happen in the last few days of our trip and getting home....well let's just say it would have been really easy to come up with an excuse not to go back so quickly.  But it wasn't in my cards to stay any longer....so we cleaned it up for our guests and off we went.  Here are some finished product photos of a few of the projects that I worked on this trip...HANG ON~

The new wall that had to be built inside the bedroom to make the bathroom more functional, now is a perfect place for my personal PHOTOGRAPHY, shots that I have taken over the years at the beach.  Can you say art on a BUDGET!  They are frames from Target $14.00 each...my prints from Wal-Mart less than $2.00 each...finished product looks like a MILLION BUCKS!

The letters over the window...old metal sign letters found in the fields in Warrenton Texas, just $5 each.  My Mom helped me sew a revamped bed skirt...out of muslin...I left the edges frayed I liked the look, only $15 bucks for the fabric, we just sewed it on to the existing bed skirt and it worked like a charm! 


I can't even explain how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece of custom art that I received from a dealer in Brimfield. She fixed it a little extra special for me...a little burlap here makes it just that much more perfect!  Thank you so much Sandy


You can't see it cuz of the glare...but the letters framed from my Gal Pal Janet....says BEACH, LOVE IT!


A few little sea shell accessories!  
 A few vintage linens for the finishing touch...
A final shot from the new bathroom looking out...

More photos to come...hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL. THANKS FOR THE PHOTO, NOW I CAN SHARE YOUR BEAUTIFUL BEDROOM.

    STAY WARM. IT IS GOING TO SNOW HERE TONIGHT, BUT IT'S THE SOUTH, SO IT WON'T STAY LONG.

    GOOD LUCK IN TEXAS. SEE YA

    SANDY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all!!! Great job...what a happy, beachy space:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cottage is absolutely gorgeous! I love the beach and everything associated with it. My husband and I hope to own a cottage some day. In the meantime, we have decorated our basement family room with a beach theme. I really adore that photo of the woman on the beach that your friend gave you - vintage beach at its best! Glad I discovered your blog and will look forward to more entries! ~Leena~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love what you did with your bathroom remodel - it is gorgeous - elegant, chic, and coastal - lovely.

    I'm your Newest Follower - I love beachy, coastal blogs -
    Sorry you had to leave the cottage...hope you get back sooner than you expect!

    Best Wishes,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete