Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Cute Little Beach Project...

I love Sand...the textures, the colors, and feeling it gives you when you look at it and remember the great times you had there.

It's amazing how different the textures and colors of the sand are from beach to beach, region to region.

I get these old canning jars from farm auctions, relatively inexpensive. I also have some with the old style screw type zinc lids...but I loved the way that these clear glass lids and old metal bales looked.

I used jute twine and some cream colored price tags to write the year and the beach that the sand came from.


You could use these jars for tons of other collections...
More to come, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great keepsake! Thanks for linking to my blog hop.

    Michelle
    from Trash to Treasure Decorating

    ReplyDelete