Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Fun Little Project...

for a tiny little space that was basically useless! What to do....what to do?

I took my idea from a photo I found online...sorry folks but I can't remember what blog or magazine I found it on. I had the photo saved in my Chic Shore Shack idea file on my laptop and I had to break it out!

We revamped the idea slightly and here are some of the steps that it took to get to the end result.
Some tools required to get the job done...

It took a little time to figure out the measurements, mark them off with the painters tape and then paint...but it's a fun little project. The color we used was Turquoise Sea...
Here is the finished project with the shelves...and some do-dads! Plenty of room for more sea shells that we find on the beach!
Here is a shot of the other side of that weird corner...I used an old boat oar I had with peg hooks on the oar to hang hat, scarf & bag...the old oil painting was done by the previous homeowner....I loved it and couldn't send it off to the salvation army...
More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love the paint technique! Great job. Thanks for linking up to my blog hop.

    Michelle
    from Trash to Treasure Decorating

    ReplyDelete